Operators Rules to Soldierly Gunfighting ......

Todd Reashore

Dec 6, 2002, 5:48:07 PM12/6/02
Keep in mind that these have been heaviliy editied by a Canadian Master
Sniper.....

- Operators Rules to Soldierly Gunfighting -

Mind:

Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to
awareness, avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Decide right now, that when the moment comes, to be aggressive ENOUGH,
quickly ENOUGH.

Always keep your mental guard up until everything around you screams SAFE!

In combat, there are no rules, always cheat; always win. The only unfair
fight is the one you lose.

Have a plan.

Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.

Gun:

Bring a gun. If you can, bring at least two guns, plus all of your friends
who have guns, and their friends who have guns.

If you can choose what gun to bring, bring a long gun. This applies to all
of those above.

Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel pisses
in your musket."

Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting is more dependent on "pucker
factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun/ ammo / grip / sights, etc.

Technique:

If it works, it is good.

In ten years they will only remember who lived and who didn't. Nobody will
remember the details of caliber, stance, or technique.

Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is
expensive.

If your shooting stance is book-perfect, you're probably not moving fast
enough nor using cover well.

If you are not shooting, be moving, communicating, and reloading...
Concurrently.

Tactics:

The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal
movement are preferred.)

Move to put something between the bad guys and you. Like a chair, a wall, a
mile, or an ocean.

Use cover or concealment as much as possible. The only visible target should
be in FRONT of your gun.

Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.

**Watch their hands...Hands kill... If they move their hands....Shoot. (In
God we trust. Everyone else keeps their hands where I can see them). Hands
up = Running/Weapon/Aggressive, hands down = Walking/Lower threat level.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but only because they beat
you to death with it, because it is empty.

Navy Rules to Gunfighting
1. Adopt an aggressive offshore posture
2. Send in the Marines / Airborne / Spec Ops
3. Shore Leave.

Air Force Rules to Gunfighting
1. Kiss the wife goodbye
2. Fly to target area, drop bombs on bad guys/or not, fly back.
3. BBQ lunch and drink beer (probably light beer)

Army Rules to Gunfighting
1. See Operators Rules to gun fighting
2 Add four months of augmentation and pre-roto training, transport
and staging.
3. Hope the Marines / Airborne / Spec Ops have already destroyed
all meaningful resistance

Author unknown

Cheers....Todd ~咿罹誤

Cindi Prudhomme

Dec 6, 2002, 6:37:24 PM12/6/02

Todd Reashore <reashor...@home.com> wrote in message

> Keep in mind that these have been heaviliy editied by a Canadian Master
> Sniper.....
>

> - Operators Rules to Soldierly Gunfighting -
<snippage>

Thanks for posting that Todd...lol

--

Cindi

"If you are in a fair fight, your tactics suck."
- Herschel Davis
"The road to truth is long, and lined the entire way with annoying
bastards."
- Alexander Jablokov