Announcement from COPPUL Peer Services Community: We have a new name and are seeking new members!

Marianna Kalaczynski

Oct 6, 2023, 12:54:43 AM10/6/23

Apologies for cross-posting

Dear all,

COPPUL’s CDSN Peer Services Community is now the CDSN Community of Practice! This new name was chosen to clarify our activities and membership, as the group no longer focuses solely on peer cohorts. Our new name reflects our expanded view of community participation and supports our continued goal of facilitating ongoing education and training while providing opportunities to connect with like-minded digital stewardship practitioners.

To further these goals, the CDSN Community of Practice is seeking nominations (including self-nominations) for at least two (2) candidates to serve on the CDSN Community of Practice Planning Committee. Key activities of the CDSN Community of Practice Planning Committee include: participating in monthly planning meetings, hosting regular professional development activities, sharing resources, showcasing member expertise, connecting members with educational programming, and assessing member needs.

The CDSN strives to include members who can provide a range of organizational, professional and regional perspectives, with a balance of digital preservation experts and those seeking to expand their knowledge. It welcomes any individuals with a shared interest in ensuring the cultural, intellectual, scientific, and academic record is preserved for current and future generations.

Over the next year, the CDSN Community of Practice Planning Committee’s work will focus on hosting a number of community mixers, and planning a digital preservation skill share event, and developing a shared resource library.

We would particularly welcome nominations for new committee members from smaller COPPUL institutions as well as those working in archives.

Nominations are due by October 30, 2023.

Please send nominations to kathryn....@ucalgary.ca and include the following information:

  • Contact information for the nominee

  • A short statement of interest

  • Brief biographical details and relevant professional experience

  • If applicable, an endorsement from the relevant supervisor

The CDSN Community of Practice Planning Committee currently consists of:

  • Kate Cawthorn, Digital Projects Librarian, University of Calgary (Co-Chair)

  • Mimi Lam, Digital Projects Librarian, University of British Columbia

  • Y.G. Rancourt, CDSN Coordinator (ex officio)

  • Robyn Stobbs, Research Data Management Librarian, Athabasca University

  • Andréa Tarnawsky, Digital and Outreach Archivist, Simon Fraser University (Co-Chair)

  • Natalie Vielfaure, Digital Curation Archivist, University of Manitoba (on leave until January 2024)

For further information please see our Terms of Reference. If you have questions or need further information please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to receiving your nominations!

Thank you,

Andréa, Kate, and Y.G.