do i need a process application?

adrian...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2016, 4:51:17 AM3/7/16
to camunda BPM users, ry...@netdot.ch
Hi there

We would use a embedded engine with spring bootstrapping on a jboss 7.
Deployment of bpmn-files is automaticaly done by the applicationContext.

<bean id="processEngineConfiguration" class="org.camunda.bpm.engine.spring.SpringProcessEngineConfiguration">
<property name="deploymentResources" value="classpath*:/autodeploy/*.bpmn"/>

I am right, that there is no use for a process application in this case of deployment? Its only one embedded engine (spring) with one database on one server.

Thanks and greets.

Adrian

thorben....@camunda.com

Mar 7, 2016, 5:03:29 AM3/7/16
to camunda BPM users, ry...@netdot.ch, adrian...@gmail.com
Hi Adrian,

It is perfectly fine to not use process applications. They are just a way for convenient deployment and especially useful in a shared engine scenario.

Cheers,
Thorben

adrian...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2016, 5:14:08 AM3/7/16