Where is the database and how do i acces it?

m.a.et...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2016, 11:06:14 AM3/8/16
to camunda BPM users
Hello together,

About me
My name is Marc and I have currently the plesure to set up a programm for my master thesis with Camunda as baseline. However I got not very far...

My Question
One of the basic things I have to know is where is the database in which all the variables are stored and how can I access it.

What I have
I downloaded a h2 Client and opened the process_engine.h2.db. The result I get is some how a meta information about the process-engine but no variable names or real values of attributes.

One last thing
Im an information system student with very limited knowledge in this area, so an answer which is not too technical or step by step would be very appriciated.

Many thanks in advance

Best regards / Beste Grüsse

Marc

Matthijs Burke

Mar 9, 2016, 3:28:08 AM3/9/16
to camunda BPM users, m.a.et...@gmail.com
Hi Marc,

for the prepackaged distribution, you can access the H2 database here:
1. Go to http://localhost:8080/h2/h2
2. Login with the following data:
  • jdbc:h2:./camunda-h2-dbs/process-engine
  • User: sa
  • Password: sa

Generally speaking, I would recommend to take a look at the installation guide [1] and the BPMN 2.0 getting started guide [2].

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mat

[1]: https://docs.camunda.org/manual/7.4/installation/