Camunda Eclipse Plugin 3.0.0 + Luna or Mars

Markus Hens

Nov 30, 2015, 9:46:44 AM11/30/15
to camunda BPM users
Hi,

Is it possible to use the new Camunda Eclipse 3.0 Plugin in Eclipse Luna or Mars?

Found no information about in in the blog. If yes how do I reach update site?

Best regards,

Markus

Bernd Rücker

Nov 30, 2015, 9:47:48 AM11/30/15
to camunda-...@googlegroups.com

Markus Hens

Nov 30, 2015, 9:54:23 AM11/30/15
to camunda BPM users
Hi Bernd,

thanks for quick reply.

Is the support planned or is Plugin still in status deprecated (also in version 3.0.0)?

Because eclipse Kepler and Indigo are not that new version of eclipse.

Best regards,

Markus

Bernd Rücker

Nov 30, 2015, 10:05:01 AM11/30/15
to camunda-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Markus.

We released the new Camunda Modeler today: http://blog.camunda.org/post/2015/11/hello-new-camunda-modeler/. We could imagine that this replaces the Eclipse Plugin in mid-term. But we did not decide to end-of-live the Eclipse-Plugin as we want to wait for user feedback on the new Modeler and the toolchain using it. Our guess is that the people will love the new one and stop asking for Eclipse Plugin Updates ;-) Note that you can register the Camunda Modeler as System Editor for .bpmn or .dmn files, so a double click in the IDE of your choice (like Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ) directly opens up the file and after editing it you just can klick save and it is done. If you configure Eclipse correctly (especially https://docs.camunda.org/manual/latest/modeler/camunda-modeler/tips/#eclipse-project-synchronization) I think that is a fairly easy-to-use workflow. Good deal to get a Modeler with a really great usability :-)

So currently we want to wait for this feedback in order to decide if we will move Eclipse Support forward. Personally I could imagine that the Plugin indeed is deprecated and we might never release a Mars version of it.

Cheers

Bernd