Changing Service Task Behaviour

mail2jd...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2016, 10:02:52 AM3/2/16
to camunda BPM users
Dear All,

We are using Camunda as our process engine in our application. Please help to address below query.

We have requirement to persist business information in external table when executing a service task and put the process in wait state.

Our external interface will process something asynchronously based on information persisted in external table and will signal the process engine to resume the execution once its process is completed. (Some thing similar to job definition).

Is there a way to override service task behaviour to store business info in external table and put the process execution in wait state??

Thanks & Regards,
Devakumar J

thorben....@camunda.com

Mar 3, 2016, 3:59:14 AM3/3/16
to camunda BPM users, mail2jd...@gmail.com
Hi Devakumar J,

You may be interested in the asynchronous service task pattern. Have a look at the corresponding blog post [1] and an example implementation [2].

Cheers,
Thorben

[1] https://blog.camunda.org/post/2013/11/bpmn-service-synchronous-asynchronous/
[2] https://github.com/camunda/camunda-bpm-examples/tree/master/servicetask/service-invocation-asynchronous

mail2jd...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2016, 8:48:21 AM3/8/16
to camunda BPM users, mail2jd...@gmail.com
Thank you so much. i am able to implement my requirement with this. Thank you so much.

Thanks & Regards,
Devakumar J