Camunda database update between major releases

Carsten Spieker

Apr 3, 2014, 5:43:07 AM4/3/14
to camunda-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

there are a few SQL script files within the camunda-engine artifact. These are nice to prepare a database for use with camunda (or to clean it). Thumbs up!

But what if I have an existing camunda database e.g. based on version 7.0. Are there any update/delta scripts which manage the update from database schema 7.0 to database schema 7.1?
If I use the SQL scripts contained in camunda-engine 7.1 with an existing database created with scripts from camunda-engine 7.0, I get errors caused by already existing tables and so on.

What is the best way to manage this issue?

Thanks and Greetz!
Carsten

Daniel Meyer

Apr 3, 2014, 5:46:14 AM4/3/14
to camunda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carsten,

if you download a camunda BPM distribution,
http://camunda.org/download
you will find a folder named "sql/". Inside this folder you can find the
upgrade script for 7.0 -> 7.1

You can also read it on github:
https://github.com/camunda/camunda-bpm-platform/tree/master/distro/sql-script/upgrade

Hope this helps,
Daniel

Carsten Spieker

Apr 8, 2014, 2:03:29 AM4/8/14
to camunda-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

this is exactly what I was looking for. I made the mistake to look for this in den camunda-enigne artifact only. Thanks!

This leads me to a further question:
Is there some kind of trick to find out which camunda schema version is installed in a certain database? I want to install the camunda database within a setup of my own application. I could save some version hint of my application version in the same database to determine which camunda version must be installed (because I know which camunda version was shipped with which version of my application), but it would be much easier to identify the version of the camunda schema directly.

Greetz,
Carsten