Species accumulation curves from camera traps

Raphaelle Abn

Feb 25, 2024, 6:33:12 AMFeb 25
to camtrapR
Hi,
I hava data from different camera traps in different sites (one natural, one artificial).
I made species accumulation curves with camera days using iNext website (chao.shinyapps.io/iNEXTOnline/). The data uploaded is an incidence frequency data (in each column, a camera, the total number of camera days and then the incidence number of each species). As I have 9 cameras for the first site and 22 for the second site, I would like to make "mean" accumulation curves per site, so I need to combine the data of all the camera of one site. Is it possible to do that ? I don't know how to manage to make a an incidence frequency data file (the total number of camera days could be the sum of camera days of each camera but it doesn't seem right to do that...)
I would appreciate some help. Thanks!
Raphaelle

Juergen Niedballa

Feb 26, 2024, 10:28:31 PMFeb 26
to camtrapR
I am afraid this is beyond the scope of this group. I have never used the iNext website and cannot provide any insights or guidance for how to use it with camera trapping data. For species accumulation curves in R the vegan package might also help. It is great for community data analysis in general, but I don't know how well it would handle camera trapping data. camtrapR currently does not provide an interface to vegan or iNext, so you'd likely need to do some data wrangling before using either of these.

Raphaelle Abn

Mar 1, 2024, 4:05:26 PMMar 1
to Juergen Niedballa, camtrapR
Hi, thank you for the answer. What I did is a added the number of camera days of each camera for each site and looked at the incidence frequencies of the species for each sites, with the data of all the cameras per site. With that I could generate species accumulation curves per site on iNEXT. I will use camtrapR for my other analyses so I may have some questions regarding this package later! Thank you.