Re: [camtrapR] The problem with filterRecordTable()

Jürgen Niedballa

May 14, 2024, 8:00:57 PMMay 14
to Felix Tenzin, camtrapR
Hi,
this is strange, since "Asia/Taipei" is an entry in OlsonNames(). Can you please verify with
"Asia/Taipei"%in% OlsonNames()
or
is.element( "Asia/Taipei", OlsonNames())

If it returns TRUE (as it should) and you receive that error something strange is happening (internally, camtrapR uses the is.element() function to check if the user-provided time zone is a valid entry in OlsonNames()). In that case please also provide your sessionInfo().
Thank you, and apologies for the late reply.
Best regards,
Jürgen

Am Di., 30. Apr. 2024 um 10:05 Uhr schrieb Felix Tenzin <wjy...@gmail.com>:
Hi,  Jürgen

I'm trying to use the function filterRecordTable(), but it always returns the “Error: timeZone must be an element of OlsonNames()”. How could I fix it? I've changed the timezone names many times, but the error remains.

Here is my code:
> filterRecordTable(mount1.all,
+                   minDeltaTime = 30,
+                   deltaTimeComparedTo = "lastRecord",
+                   speciesCol = "Species",
+                   stationCol = "Station",
+                   recordDateTimeCol = "DateTimeOriginal",
+                   recordDateTimeFormat = "yyyy-mm-dd H:MS",
+                   timeZone = "Asia/Taipei"
Error: timeZone must be an element of OlsonNames()

Thank you very much.

Message has been deleted