Wildlife Insights and independent events

Victoria Miranda

Apr 11, 2024, 10:37:09 PMApr 11
to camtrapR
"I have a database obtained from Wildlife Insights containing information for each image. I want to filter my database by independent events, but I'm having trouble doing so. How can I make the package filter my database?"

thanks!

Victoria

Jürgen Niedballa

May 14, 2024, 7:54:09 PMMay 14
to Victoria Miranda, camtrapR
Hi Victoria,
a function for reading Wildlife Insights data will be part of the next release. It provides the data from Wildlife Insights in standard camtrapR format, so you will be able to use filterRecordTable.
Upon second thought, that may in fact already be possible with the images.csv table from Wildlife Insights. You'd only need to set the parameters of filterRecordTable so they match the column names etc of the images.csv table instead of standard camtrapR names.

Feel free to ask for clarification if you're having trouble.
Best,

Jorge Ahumada

May 16, 2024, 1:54:02 AMMay 16
to camtrapR
Hello Jurgen,
We have made some recent changes to the Wildlife Insights csv's that are downloaded privately and publicly.
I am happy to share the latest data dictionaries separately so that camtrapR can read those files correctly.
Feel free to email me and we can continue the convo.

Best,

Jorge