H1 reference down

Michiel Klaassen

Jun 17, 2021, 5:34:08 PM6/17/21
to sara-list, camras-forum

The h1 reference servers on

are down and a message

502 Bad Gateway

is given.

I contacted the uni-bonn webmaster, but did not get a response yet.
I also contacted Peter Kalberla, and he told me that it is (probably) caused by the high temperatures of the servers.
Peter set up these databasis, but he is retired now and not officially responsable.
He said we have to be patient; it will probably be solved soon.

Still, it was a surprise for me, so I wondered if I could copy this data base if it is online again.
I do not need a high resolution; I think 1 degree in every direction would be sufficient. So 180 X 360= 64800 points.
But then, if you have a beam of 20deg, you have to average 20 curves around the pointing direction. Python?
Michiel

Tammo Jan Dijkema

Jun 18, 2021, 4:23:19 PM6/18/21
to camras-forum, sara-list
Hoi Michel,

You can download the LAB survey at http://vizier.cfa.harvard.edu/viz-bin/getCatFile?-plus=-%2b&VIII/76/labh.fit

I put some example python code to work with it on https://gitlab.camras.nl/dijkema/lab/-/blob/master/view-lab.ipynb

It would be a nice exercise to average down to 20 degrees :)

Tammo Jan
> --
> Je hebt dit bericht ontvangen omdat je bent geabonneerd op de groep 'Camras-forum' van Google Groepen.
> Als je je wilt afmelden bij deze groep en geen e-mails van de groep meer wilt ontvangen, stuur je een e-mail naar camras-forum...@googlegroups.com.
> Ga naar https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/camras-forum/CAABBjRCUk9vgSCC9JmUCUt9OpHU7FhJUWPtE67v-KKAOe3Cy8A%40mail.gmail.com om deze discussie op internet te bekijken.

Michiel Klaassen

Jun 19, 2021, 6:31:41 AM6/19/21
to camras-forum, sara-list
Hi Tammo Jan,
I bow to you sir.
This is exactly what I meant; you indeed read the last part of my post also where others did not. In Dutch we say betweters.

I wil try to convert your ipynb to a simple py script with pip install ipython.
Or try to run ipynb directly.
And next also try the integration puzzle.

Michiel

Op vr 18 jun. 2021 om 20:23 schreef Tammo Jan Dijkema <t.j.d...@gmail.com>:
Je hebt dit bericht ontvangen, omdat je je hebt aangemeld bij de groep 'Camras-forum' van Google Groepen.

Als je je wilt afmelden bij deze groep en geen e-mails van de groep meer wilt ontvangen, stuur je een e-mail naar camras-forum...@googlegroups.com.

Michiel Klaassen

Jun 20, 2021, 7:57:16 AM6/20/21
to camras-forum, sara-list
Hi Tammo Jan, All,
Your script worked indeed but I converted it to python 3.7 anyhow.
But then I had trouble reading from the vizier database. So, I downloaded the database (500MB or so).
Now it worked for me and here are the first results.
This is a nice exercise; will be continued.
Regards,
Michiel

Op za 19 jun. 2021 om 10:31 schreef Michiel Klaassen <vmin...@gmail.com>:
all velocities-01.png
all freqs-01.png
all sky-01.png

Job Geheniau

Jun 20, 2021, 9:44:42 AM6/20/21
to camras...@googlegroups.com, sara-list
Hi Michiel, Tammo Jan, all

I am not an python expert, but the script Tammo Jan send is I guess a Jupyter script. (.ipynb)
Well I can open it in my Jupyter terminal as I do with my own little python scripts.
The lab.fit is indeed 479 Mb.

But when I run it I get the error “No module astropy.io found.”

Job

See attachment

Ga naar https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/camras-forum/CAABBjRC%2BzS1oMK6u0WF3qiSVar%2B1tyXNn3--Gm0o%2BA9QTqKrnA%40mail.gmail.com om deze discussie op internet te bekijken.

Job Geheniau

Job Geheniau

Jun 20, 2021, 9:51:52 AM6/20/21
to camras...@googlegroups.com
Ok stuck here. astropy works now:-)

Maybe continue another time..

Scripting is an art :-)

On Jun 20, 2021, at 3:44 PM, Job Geheniau <jobge...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Michiel, Tammo Jan, all

I am not an python expert, but the script Tammo Jan send is I guess a Jupyter script. (.ipynb)
Well I can open it in my Jupyter terminal as I do with my own little python scripts.
The lab.fit is indeed 479 Mb.

But when I run it I get the error “No module astropy.io found.”

Job

See attachment

<Database.jpg>

Michiel Klaassen

Jun 21, 2021, 8:20:10 AM6/21/21
to camras-forum

I got a message from Peter Kalberla; yes, the link is working again.