W51 water maser @ 22GHz

Michiel Klaassen

Feb 28, 2023, 5:54:11 AM2/28/23
to sara-list, camras-forum
All,
I finally completed the interpretation of the 22GHz data gathered in the summer of last year.
Results are now on the website. Attached is a result of W51; a star forming region (SFR).
Also I added results from professional observatories.
Comparing, you see that with our receiver we only see the upper part of the profile; about where the upper dotted line goes.
Also I added the disentangled profile referenced to the location of the maser spots. Because the region is filled with at least 5 SFR and the local velocities are somewhat thesame, the maser signals overlap.
With VLBI some sense can be brought into this mess. In a paper they even dared to present a model.
Michiel
parac.eu
W51-H2O-spectrum-measured-July-8-1975.png
W51-4days-result.png
W51-VLBI-spacial-referenced-peaks.png
W51-artist-impression.png