Next meeting, Tue 6th January, and after that...

Tibs

Dec 19, 2008, 2:55:49 PM12/19/08
to Cambridge and East Anglian Python Users Group
The next three meetings are:

* Tue 6th January, Lightning Talks, 7.30 - 9.30
Room 013, Anglia Ruskin Library
* Tue 3rd February, Pub Meeting, 8pm at the Carlton Arms
* Tue 3rd March, Talks or some other event

The next meeting will again be at the Anglia Ruskin University
Library, in the same room as our last Talks meeting. This time
we'd like to have a talk (or two) and some Lightning Talks,
depending on what is offered.

As before, volunteers are sought for a longer talk (20-30
minutes, or longer, if you wish) and for 5 minute talks
(shorter is OK, too) on anything that might be of interest
to Python programmers.

Please volunteer by emailing me, or following up to this message.

Tibs

emilmont

Dec 30, 2008, 6:08:16 AM12/30/08
to Cambridge and East Anglian Python Users Group
Hi all,
let me wish you happy holidays (slightly late) and all the best for
2009 (slightly ahead of time).

A quick e-mail to confirm my presence at the 6th January meeting and
to volunteer for a small 5 minutes talk on "Django Reusable
Apps" (just a little summary, nothing "pretentious" :-)

By the way, Tibs, sorry to annoy you, is there any group setting to
try reducing spam?
Something like "read rights" to anyone, "write rights" only to group
members and group membership requiring an approval?

I am sure not to present you any novel solution, I am just curious to
know better where is the problem.

Thanks,
Emilio

Tony Ibbs

Dec 30, 2008, 2:51:46 PM12/30/08
to cam...@googlegroups.com

On 30 Dec 2008, at 11:08, emilmont wrote:

> A quick e-mail to confirm my presence at the 6th January meeting

Which serves as a good reminder that it is happening - the next few
meetings are (still):

* Tue 6th January, Lightning Talks, 7.30 - 9.30
Room 013, Anglia Ruskin Library
* Tue 3rd February, Pub Meeting, 8pm at the Carlton Arms
* Tue 3rd March, Talks or some other event

> and to volunteer for a small 5 minutes talk on "Django

> Reusable Apps" (just a little summary, nothing "pretentious" :-)

Thanks -- that will be wonderful.

> By the way, Tibs, sorry to annoy you, is there any group setting to
> try reducing spam?

Last time I had a quick look I couldn't see anything, but I shall try
to have another wonder around google groups preferences in the next
few days.

Tibs

dguaraglia

Jan 17, 2009, 11:40:38 AM1/17/09
to Cambridge and East Anglian Python Users Group
Hi guys, I'm new to the group. In fact I'm not from Cambridge but will
be staying there for the next couple months. I'd really enjoy meeting
some likely minded (read: geeks) while there :)

I'd like to volunteer to give an small talk on the Twisted framework,
or 'network engine' as the writers call it (project page here:
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/). I've used it in a couple interesting
projects, and I think it's a shame it's still unknown/obscure for most
people.

Cheers,
David

Tony Ibbs

Jan 17, 2009, 3:12:55 PM1/17/09
to cam...@googlegroups.com

On 17 Jan 2009, at 16:40, dguaraglia wrote:

> In fact I'm not from Cambridge but will be staying there for the
> next couple months. I'd really enjoy meeting some likely
> minded (read: geeks) while there :)
>
> I'd like to volunteer to give an small talk on the Twisted framework,
> or 'network engine' as the writers call it (project page here:
> http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/). I've used it in a couple interesting
> projects, and I think it's a shame it's still unknown/obscure for most
> people

That would be really great, and would be a useful contrast to the
other web infrastructures that have been talked about.

>> * Tue 3rd February, Pub Meeting, 8pm at the Carlton Arms
>> * Tue 3rd March, Talks or some other event

I'm expecting the March meeting to be talks, again, but we're not sure
yet if it will be the same venue. A talk on Twisted would be very
useful (there's invariably lots of discussion following each talk).

The pub meetings are more of a turn-up and meet fellow Python users,
and it would be good to see you there as well.

All the best,
Tibs