Next CamPUG meeting Tuesday 7th March 2017

Tibs

Feb 22, 2017, 3:49:27 PM2/22/17
to Cambridge and East Anglian Python Users Group
The next Cambridge Python User Group meeting will be on Tuesday 7th March, 2017.
As normal, it will be at 7pm at the Raspberry Pi Foundation offices, 30 Station Road, CB1 2JH, Cambridge
We normally end at about 9.30pm, and some of us then go on to the pub.

The March meeting will be a pair programing meeting. It would be very useful if at least half the attendees had a laptop, with Python 3 installed, and a relatively simple editor (not vim or emacs, unless you restrict yourself to pairing with another user of the same!).

We shall look at coding a solution to adding roman numbers (e.g., XII + XIV gives XXVI), but without using normal numbers - i.e., treating it as a string processing problem. I shall have available the very start of a solution (adding I + I, for instance) and a decent amount of unit tests, so that people can concentrate on the problem itself. I suggest not trying to code anything around it before the session (although thinking about it is always good). The pre-prepared code should be available on github before and at the session, and I shall have some USB sticks with it on as well.

Since it's pair programming, and since the problem shouldn't be using "deep" parts of the Python programming language, I hope this will work well for people at any level of experience.

Please note that we are now on meetup.com, at http://www.meetup.com/CamPUG/. If possible, please RSVP there for meetings so we have an idea of numbers. As an incentive, there's normally more detail about each meeting there, and you can also find out about future meetings.

Tweeting may occur at https://twitter.com/campython

Tibs