Next meeting: Tuesday 3rd November

Tibs

Oct 20, 2015, 2:42:27 PM10/20/15
to Cambridge and East Anglian Python Users Group
The next meeting will be Tuesday 3rd November, 2015.

Nicholas Tollervey will give a talk on MicroPython and the BBC micro:bit. He should have some example devices with him, and perhaps some peripherals.

Meetings after that will be:
  • Tuesday 1st December - Let's play the Python Challenge
  • Tuesday 5th January 2016 - Topic not yet decided
  • Tuesday 2nd February 2016 - Deep Learning with Python

Please note that we are also now on meetup.com, at http://www.meetup.com/CamPUG/. If possible, please RSVP there for meetings so we have an idea of numbers. As an incentive, there's much more detail about each meeting there.

Tweeting may occur at https://twitter.com/campython

Tibs

Tibs

Oct 21, 2015, 3:59:39 PM10/21/15
to Cambridge and East Anglian Python Users Group
As I've just announced via the meetup system, the "Meet the micro:bit" meeting will now be held in the

Makespace classroom
16 Mill Lane
Cambridge
CB2 1RX

The meeting will still start at 7pm, but our end time is now a bit more flexible.

The new venue means we've got more room, so I've  removed the 30 RSVPs limit from the meeting. If it looks as if we're reaching the limits for Makespace, I may reintroduce a limit later on, but we should be OK up to at least 50.

Thanks very much to Nicholas for suggesting this, to Jonathan at Makespace for making the offer, and to the DroidScript Makespace meetup for letting our meeting clash with theirs.
For more details about Makespace, see http://www.meetup.com/Makespace/
See http://bit.ly/makespace-map for a good map of where it is.

Note that there's bicycle parking at the venue, but not car parking - the nearest is either the Grand Arcade car park, or along the Backs/Queens Road, or in Newnham.

The full listing for this meeting is at http://www.meetup.com/CamPUG/events/225157789/

Tibs

Oct 30, 2015, 1:53:15 PM10/30/15
to Cambridge and East Anglian Python Users Group