Next meeting: Tuesday 7th June

Tibs

Jun 2, 2016, 3:29:45 PM6/2/16
to Cambridge and East Anglian Python Users Group
The next CamPUG meeting will be on Tuesday 7th June at 7pm, at the Raspberry Pi Foundation offices, 30 Station Road, Cambridge.

Alex Chan will talk on Property based testing in Python.

Alex says:

Property-based testing is a very powerful way to find bugs in your code.

I’ll explain the basic principles of this style of testing, and demonstrate Hypothesis (http://hypothesis.works/), a property-based testing library for Python. I’ll start from first principles, and work up to real-world examples of Hypothesis in use. Plus some practical advice for using Hypothesis in production.

I’ll also briefly touch upon American Fuzzy Lop, another randomised testing tool that’s similarly powerful.

Please note that we are now on meetup.com, at http://www.meetup.com/CamPUG/. If possible, please RSVP there for meetings so we have an idea of numbers. As an incentive, there's normally more detail about each meeting there, and you can also find out about future meetings.

Tweeting may occur at https://twitter.com/campython

Tibs