Next meeting: Tuesday 1st March 2016

Tibs

Feb 24, 2016, 3:37:51 PM2/24/16
to Cambridge and East Anglian Python Users Group

Anvil (www.anvil.works) is an IDE designed to make it easier for novice programmers to build web apps. You can design pages with a drag-n-drop GUI builder, and write your app logic in Python (server and client-side). Anvil comes with straightforward bindings for services like Google Sheets, Google Drive and Stripe - the goal is to be able to put together a working app, easily and quickly.

Meredydd Luff, one of the authors, will lead an informal workshop. He will also be around to discuss programming usability, API design and how he implemented continuations in the Skulpt Python-to-Javascript compiler.

Bring your laptop, and let's see what we can build in an evening!

This meeting will be held at the Department of Engineering (that should link to a map), in room LR4, which is just off the foyer - it's the same room we used in January.

Meetings after that will be:

Please note that we are also now on meetup.com, at http://www.meetup.com/CamPUG/. If possible, please RSVP there for meetings so we have an idea of numbers. As an incentive, there's much more detail about each meeting there.

Tweeting may occur at https://twitter.com/campython

Tibs