Campaign on Social Media question....

Dan Birdwhistell

Aug 15, 2013, 10:32:11 PM8/15/13
to campaign...@googlegroups.com
Hey all.  Had a quick question for anyone in the campaign finance space.

Situation:  I want to start a "Citizens for Candidate X" FB community and spend some of my own money (most likely $500-$1500) to grow the community.  I'd do this by running ads directly on FB from my private individual account, but I'd prefer to remain anonymous re: who is behind the site.

Questions:  How would disclosure work here?  Because I'm spending money to grow the site, would I have to mention on the site itself where the money is coming from?  Would I need to form a PAC or something similar to make it all above-board?