Workpiece.

Ian Marmont

Jan 5, 2021, 6:02:11 PM1/5/21
to CAMotics Users
I am currently finding my feet with CAMotics.

I am making my own Gcode and opening the .nc files in to camotics.

I have gotten my head around the tool table and will set those up so the right tool numbers are coming through with the code to pick up the tool in Camotics.

Am I able to add anything to the Gcode to allow for the workpiece to be created from there instead of manually inputting the fields.

Also I would like to set the resolution to a higher setting through the code too. or permantly set somehow.

Many thanks

Joseph Coffland

Jan 5, 2021, 10:41:11 PM1/5/21
to CAMotics Users
GCode does not support these features.

Ian Marmont

Jan 6, 2021, 5:21:45 AM1/6/21
to CAMotics Users
Can I achieve this in a TPL file, seeing some examples on here it seems so. I am using MS Excel to make my G Code, so I can fiddle around to give me 2 files if that is the case, a NC file and a TPL file with the relevant bits.

Ian Marmont

Jan 6, 2021, 4:22:52 PM1/6/21
to CAMotics Users
I have it figured, I am going to make .camotic file to compliment my gcode, this will refer to the code .nc and define the settings I want,

Cheers

Joseph Coffland

Jan 6, 2021, 5:07:57 PM1/6/21
to CAMotics Users
Great.  That's the way to go.  It's not yet possible to set the workpiece from TPL.  You can do the opposite and access the workpiece dimensions.