1st time user on Win10 Pro 64-bit

airnocker

Oct 11, 2020, 3:58:05 PM10/11/20
to CAMotics Users
I installed Camotics 64-bit to use with my CamBam 1.0 CAM software and began exploring it using a CamBam .nc milling file.

I had open and closed Camotics 3 or 4 times before odd behavior began after I chose to show Camotics full screen.  The app displayed full screen but then none of the menus worked properly or in some cases at all.  I had to close Camotics with Windows Task Manager.  Re-opening Camotics again resulted in it dutifully displaying in full screen mode and again, the Menu bar was disfunctional and I had to close again with Task Manager.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,

airnocker

Oct 11, 2020, 9:19:32 PM10/11/20
to CAMotics Users

I found that F11 worked to return Camotics from Full Screen to run in a smaller window AND the Menu bar functionality returned along with the "Minimize, Maximize, Close" windows buttons in the upper right-hand corner of the Camotics window.  These were missing when clicking "View > Full Screen".

airnocker

Oct 11, 2020, 9:30:05 PM10/11/20
to CAMotics Users
I'm running version 1.2.0, downloaded today and installed.  I've confirmed that of the two ways to enter Full Screen mode, one works properly, the other has a bug.  Clicking the usual window control buttons in the upper right to Maximize, Minimize and Close the Camotics window work properly and when clicking the Maximize button the maximized Camotics window retains these three window buttons and the Menu bar works properly.  However, when clicking View > Full Screen things go bad as I've described earlier, but F11 does return to a functional medium size Camotics app window.

Joseph Coffland

Oct 11, 2020, 11:19:17 PM10/11/20
to CAMotics Users
I think this is actually how it's supposed to work.  Maximizing the window is different than going into full screen mode.  You should still be able to exit fullscreen mode via the "View" menu.  Or with F11 as you found.

airnocker

Oct 12, 2020, 1:21:31 AM10/12/20
to CAMotics Users
Thanks for your reply Joseph.  In Windows, since the beginning of time, Maximizing an application has always been the same as full screen mode and in any event the app window control buttons in the upper-right hand corner of the Window were fully functional in either case along with the application Menu bar.

This is not what is happening in Camotics V1.2.0.  Using the maximize button in the upper right-hand corner of the app window and the window mode changes to full screen, and all Menu and their sub-menus continue working.  Select from the Menu, View > Full Screen and the Menu items cease to function and do not display any sub-menu items when clicked...the menus are completely dead.  As such, it is not possible to select "View" from the menu bar because doing so does nothing except briefly highlight the menu item.  The F11 key does exit out of full screen mode.

Joseph Coffland

Nov 4, 2020, 3:42:34 PM11/4/20
to CAMotics Users
Can you post a video of the problem?

Thanks,

Joseph

airnocker

Nov 4, 2020, 4:44:59 PM11/4/20
to CAMotics Users
I will do that, when I get some time.  I'm focused on other priorities at the moment.