Initial Tool Start Position

David Austin

May 23, 2016, 4:18:51 AM5/23/16
to CAMotics Users

I've a problem which appears to be camotics assuming that the tool starts at 0,0,0

Actually, for my model, all the machining is at positive Z values.  Camotics shows
a hole through the modelled surface at 0,0,0.  Is there any easy way to fix this?

Thanks,
David

Joseph Coffland

May 23, 2016, 7:32:37 PM5/23/16
to CAMotics Users
Not really.  You could change the GCode to start with a very small tool, move to your starting position and then switch to the real tool.  This would correct the simulation.

The problem is that GCode has no way of specifying a starting point.  The machine model has to assuming some starting point.  Also, CAMotics currently has no way to specify a starting point other than (0,0,0)

user

Apr 15, 2023, 4:12:15 PM4/15/23
to CAMotics Users
i have come across the exact same problem. can the starting point other than (0,0,0) be changed in the source code (hard coded) ? Where in the code this defined?

That would be enough for me for now. I could then also try to make that configurable. So that you can define the start position under the settings.

Kris