slow G01 movement after arc

Holger

Feb 20, 2020, 6:15:07 PM2/20/20
to CAMotics Users
Hello to everybody in the group,

I am experiencing a weird behavior when simulating ngc-files with arcs.

It seems whenever a vertical arc (G02/G03) is followed by a short line (G01) the line is processed much slower than the rest of the program. With the attached file, the issue happens at the short lines after the second and the fourth arc. Can someone else reproduce this? Why is this happening? Apologies if the ngc-file was not created correctly, but i am struggling with it quite some time already...

I am using CAMotics 1.2.0 on Ubuntu 18.04. The ngc-file is created by an self-written dxf-decoder program.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

star.ngc

Joseph Coffland

Feb 20, 2020, 6:23:00 PM2/20/20
to CAMotics Users
The slow movement is due to the "B" axis moves.  CAMotics does not display moves in the ABC or UVW axes.  However, it does effect the timing.  The A, B & C axes are rotary axes and are treated differently.