Struggling to get CAMotics run on Ubuntu 16.04

Ron St. Denis

Sep 29, 2020, 1:03:29 PM9/29/20
to CAMotics Users

Ok...  So, I've looked at all of the existing threads here, and followed all of the suggestions that I could find, but I'm still struggling to get CAMotics to run on Ubuntu 16.04 after a lot of installing and reinstalling.

When running the application from the bash shell, it reports that CAMotics cannot find the following shared libraries:

libQt5WebSockets.so.5
libQt5Core.so.5
libQt5Core.so.5
libQt5Gui.so.5
libQt5Widgets.so.5
libQt5Network.so.5

So.. I checked the directory that they're supposed to be in (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu), and the''re all there as links to the appropriate shared libs, which are also there.

If anyone could send me in the right direction on this, I would certainly appreciate it..!!

Thanks in advance...

Joseph Coffland

Oct 11, 2020, 11:21:31 PM10/11/20
to CAMotics Users
Sorry you're having trouble.  Does running this command help?: sudo apt-get install libqt5websockets5-dev

Ubuntu 16.04 is pretty old.

Ron St. Denis

Oct 16, 2020, 10:46:46 AM10/16/20
to CAMotics Users
Sorry for the late reply...

Per your suggestion, I double checked, and the latest version of libqt5websockets5-dev is already installed.

As you stated, this is an older version of Ubuntu, so I'm not really going to pursue it any further. I do have CAMotics running very well on a Windows laptop which is what I use for a lot of my CNC work.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion...