Looking for Help with Tool Table feature

W. White

Dec 29, 2023, 4:02:49 PM12/29/23
to CAMotics Users
Hello All,
I'm a new used of CAMotics, I just downloaded it a few days ago and I really like this software.  However, I have several questions about the "Tool Table" feature (see attached file).  If you cannot open the attached PDF file, then here are my questions:
1.  Is there a Tool Table included with the CAMotics download?
2.  If no Tool Table included, then how can I created one that can be imported?
3.  Can Microsoft Excel be used to create a data matrix (Tool Table) that can be imported?
4.  I would like to build a Tool Table list that will always show in the Tool Table windows, then I can try different tool bit scenarios.
Thank you,
Walt

CAMotics Questions 29-Dec-23.pdf

Joseph Coffland

Dec 29, 2023, 4:05:47 PM12/29/23
to CAMotics Users
1. No tool table is included with CAMotics.
2. Usually you create the tool table in CAMotics.
3. No.
4. To simulate with different tools you need to change the GCode.

The tool number is selected in the GCode with ``T#`` and ``M6``.

The tool table can be exported from CAMotics then imported again later. The format is JSON. It looks like this:

  {
     "1": {
      "shape": "conical",
      "units": "metric",