recommended post processor for Solidworks CAM 2019???

Maurice de la Rosa

Oct 3, 2020, 9:21:48 PM10/3/20
to CAMotics Users
Hi, I'm pretty new to CNC.  I use Solidworks 2019 to design, and for the simple reason that it's integrated into the CAD package, I'm using Solidworks CAM (for now).  I hope there are others out there running SW19.

My question is, what are the recommendations for which post processor to use?  I searched the prior conversations but only got one hit for 'Solidworks'.  The poster was previously using FANUCOM and then switched to EMC2, which Joseph Coffland said was more compatible with CAMotics, but unfortunately I do not see EMC2 listed among the post processors available to me.

Joseph Coffland

Oct 11, 2020, 11:23:39 PM10/11/20
to CAMotics Users
I've not used Solidworks.  Is there perhaps a LinuxCNC post processor.  EMC2 is now called LinuxCNC. Otherwise, look for a rs274 post.  RS274 is the standard from which LinuxCNC and CAMotics derive their GCode.