Web API

Giovanni d'Amelio

Jan 3, 2015, 1:21:31 AM1/3/15
to camli...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering what the process of making another app that is backed by camlistore is? There is obviously some sort of HTTP api, but I can not find any documentation for it. How would I go about using from say a Node.js or Go web server? Or can I interact with it from purely client side Javascript?

Salman Aljammaz

Jan 3, 2015, 1:35:13 AM1/3/15
to camli...@googlegroups.com

If you're writing in Go, you can use the package camlistore.org/pkg/client to interact with it directly, or build your web server as an 'app' that is launched and managed by camlistored. See app/hello or app/publisher as an example. I think the app infrastructure is still a WIP.

Both of these options apply to node.js too, but I'm not sure of the status of its client library. If one doesn't exist, looking at the Go client pkg should be a good start to building client libraries in other languages. It's a REST API.

On 3 Jan 2015 06:22, "Giovanni d'Amelio" <gioda...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was wondering what the process of making another app that is backed by camlistore is? There is obviously some sort of HTTP api, but I can not find any documentation for it. How would I go about using from say a Node.js or Go web server? Or can I interact with it from purely client side Javascript?

Mathieu Lonjaret

Jan 3, 2015, 10:02:51 AM1/3/15
to camli...@googlegroups.com

Giovanni d'Amelio

Jan 3, 2015, 2:02:58 PM1/3/15
to camli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, those links should give me a good start.

Krishna Sankar Palanisami

Jul 25, 2018, 9:32:45 AM7/25/18
to Camlistore
Hi,
By default web api like Get, Upload which exist in perkeep, I am not able to access it like the following gives 404 Error,
Based on the above api how to access via private key...

I want to sync my mobile Android app which consume the above REST API.

Mathieu Lonjaret

Jul 25, 2018, 11:59:51 AM7/25/18
to camli...@googlegroups.com
There is no authentication by key, only by HTTP Basic Auth. You need
to configure the "auth" parameter in your server config file, and use
the corresponding auth in your client requests.