Should I join

Archit Jain

Feb 22, 2020, 11:06:38 AM2/22/20
to camicroscope
I don't know JavaScript, since I am deep engaged in ML n DL. But I like what you are doing, because I always wanted to apply deep learning in medicinal sector. Few weeks back, I started to work on Brain Tumor detection by deep learning. Although I like your idea very much, and can start learning JavaScript, but it won't match to standards in 2 months. So what suggest?

Pradeeban Kathiravelu

Feb 22, 2020, 12:47:49 PM2/22/20
to Archit Jain, camicroscope
Hi Archit,
Welcome, and thanks for your interest.

If your query is about contributing to caMicroscope project as an open-source contributor, you are welcome to join any time with small steps.

Now, if this query is regarding the Google Summer of Code:

Not all the projects listed in the caMicroscope GSoC project page require Javascript. At this point, one project doesn't. You may consider working on such a project that doesn't require Javascript. While I am optimistic and encourage everyone to try, we must note that GSoC gets quite competitive. The number of slots Google will allocate to us, and our mentoring resources are limited. Therefore, we cannot get all the students we want to mentor. As such, someone who is an expert in Javascript is surely in a competitive advantage to get selected for a project that requires Javascript knowledge.

I would recommend finding a project that matches not only your interest, but also your expertise.

I hope my reply was helpful and not too discouraging.

Regards,
Pradeeban.

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 11:06 AM Archit Jain <architja...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know JavaScript, since I am deep engaged in ML n DL. But I like what you are doing, because I always wanted to apply deep learning in medicinal sector. Few weeks back, I started to work on Brain Tumor detection by deep learning. Although I like your idea very much, and can start learning JavaScript, but it won't match to standards in 2 months. So what suggest?

Pradeeban Kathiravelu, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher,
Emory University,
Atlanta, GA, USA.

Blog: [Llovizna] kkpradeeban.blogspot.com
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/kpradeeban