Software/data carpentry instuctor training

Laurent

Dec 26, 2015, 4:04:14 PM12/26/15
to Cambridge R user group
Dear all,

There are currently plans to submit a proposal [1] to the R foundation Infrastructure Steering Committee to support an R-centred software/data carpentry instructor course. Feel free to have a look and participate in the writing, if you wish. If you are interested in participating in the instructor training, please send a pull request to add yourselves to the participants.md file. It would be great if we could have a local community of Software/Data Carpentry and/or R instructors.

Best wishes,

Laurent

[1] https://github.com/lgatto/SC-ICS-Proposal

Silvia Hadeler

Jan 1, 2016, 7:07:55 PM1/1/16
to cambridge-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Laurent,

I have interest to attend the instructor training but I was wondering if I’d need a certain level of competency in R. I am reasonable independent and feel confident to explore any new package in R, but never got as far as developing a package, so so you think that could be enough to attend the training.

After having attended the workshop with Greg Wilson on evidence based learning I having been reading the list of books he suggested and I am fascinated by the theme. s

Best Wishes,
Silvia Hadeler

Laurent

Jan 1, 2016, 7:17:02 PM1/1/16
to Cambridge R user group
On Saturday, 2 January 2016 00:07:55 UTC, SHadeler wrote:
Hi Laurent,

I have interest to attend the instructor training but I was wondering if I’d need a certain level of competency in R. I am reasonable independent and feel confident to explore any new package in R, but never got as far as developing a package, so so you think that could be enough to attend the training.

After having attended the workshop with Greg Wilson on evidence based learning I having been reading the list of books he suggested and I am fascinated by the theme. s

The main audience of SC/DC workshops are beginners. There is no need to be an expert in R to teach the material - the pedagogy is actually more important, IMHO.
If you are interested, please go ahead and add yourself to the list!

Best wishes,

Laurent

Best Wishes,
Silvia Hadeler