CEC and the National Park Service

Thuma, Jessie A

Feb 10, 2023, 9:53:25 AM2/10/23
to cambridge-ento...@googlegroups.com, er...@elist.tufts.edu, oebse...@lists.fas.harvard.edu, oe...@lists.hcs.harvard.edu
Hi Cambridge Entomological Club community,

I'm sending along a message from Aaron Weeds with the National Park Service looking for assistance with a pollinator monitoring project in the Minute Man National Park this summer:

"I am a scientist with the National Park Service and there is a project starting this summer to sample pollinators at Minute Man National Historical Park in Concord with the intention of developing a protocol to continue monitoring. I would like to talk with anyone involved with pollinator monitoring in the Boston area and with any local entomologists who can help to locate historical and more recent records of pollinators in the park. We are looking at the obvious sources (iNat, MCZ, etc) but apparently there is a retired professor in the area that has been collecting butterfly records in Minute Man but no one at the park knows who that is! I am wondering if the CEC members may know."

You can reach out to me or to Aaron directly (Aaron...@nps.go) if you'd like to talk more about the upcoming project or offer any help.

Thank you and I hope to see many of you at our upcoming meeting on Tuesday, February 14th, to hear from Lauren Culler of Dartmouth College.

Best,

Jessie Thuma
CEC President

Jessie Thuma