Ubuntu in Kinyarwanda

sir.marco...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2009, 12:13:59 PM8/13/09
to Camara
Hi all,
greetings from Kigali.

During trainings in Nyamata, in the Bugesera area in Rwanda, I came
accross a student who is involved in many projects at Rwandan and
African level. We discussed in regards the possibility of working in a
version of Ubuntu (and therefore Camarabuntu) in Kinyarwanda. He might
find the translators, but he does not know exactly how translation
packages in Ubuntu work.

I googled and surfed some Ubuntu pages on translation packages and
apparently there is lots of informations in regards this. There is
even some packages already translated. But let's say we find the
volunteers, how could I link those volunteers with the translation
project. Can anyone with more experience (and better internet
connection) put some light on to how to carry out the translation
process of Ubuntu??

Thanks very much,
Marcos Morales