User tracking and monitoring

Ciaran

Aug 11, 2009, 10:33:21 AM8/11/09
to Camara
Hi all,

I'm looking into user tracking for the computers that go out. There's
quite a lot of employee tracking material out there but I don't have
the expertise to work out what's best.

Really what I'd like to get to is all the computers in each school
being networked. Each student has to create a passworded profile and
give information on their gender, age, how far they live from school
etc.

When the M&E Officers go to the schools it'd be brilliant to be able
to get usable data on who's registered as users, age and gender,
religious profiles, etc. Also to use some kind of modified employee
tracking software to see what they've all been using the computers
for, how many hours each kid has got in the intervening year and so
forth.

I presume we'd need some kind of a group to work on this and it'd take
a while? If anyone has ideas please just use the thread.

Cheers,

Ciaran

sir.marco...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2009, 12:02:40 PM8/13/09
to Camara
Greetings from Kigali, Ciaran,

I just checked open source projects in sourceproject.net and I came
accross OpenSIS (www.opensis.com). I have just downloaded it but the
internet connection is quite slow here.

I'l try once at home. Apparently it is a PHP website + sql scripts and
it is intended to be some sort of administration program for schools.
Have a look to the website.

Hope it might help,
Best,
Marcos