Re: Please use our trains

Roland Perry

Sep 27, 2021, 2:05:30 AM9/27/21
In message <siq7lv$i8p$1...@dont-email.me>, at 17:38:22 on Sun, 26 Sep
2021, ColinR <ra...@greystane.shetland.co.uk> remarked:

>>> The stock market expects it to go ahead.  But if the competition
>>>regulator does get involved, it's thought likely that NX will have
>>>to divest Megabus. Perhaps it will proactively offer to do so, to
>>>avoid the regulator getting involved?

>> I wonder who would buy it. Whippet and Whippet perhaps.
>
><tongue in cheek>
>
>Dara O'Briain??

Given the Scottish connection, and the allusion to a visage, perhaps a
management buy-out and branded "Coachy McCoachface"?

Anyway, the Whippet reference is to the Cambridge Guided Bus, where the
original bidders to run the service were: Stagecoach-Cambus, Cavalier
(trading as Huntingdon and District) and Whippet.

But Stagecoach-in-the-fens bought Cavalier, and injudicious
cut-and-paste resulted in a County Council Press Release saying the
proposed operators were now Stagecoach, Whippet and Whippet. [Notably
not Stagecoach, Stagecoach and Whippet]

I suppose if Whippet were to acquire either Stagecoach-Cambus or
Stagecoach-in-the-fens as part of this latest reorganisation, the busway
really would be operated by Stagecoach, Whippet and Whippet.
--
Roland Perry