Market tea and coffee stall

Paul Bird

Jun 25, 2021, 8:10:54 AM6/25/21
Having left Cambridge in 2019 I'm missing access to the stall Michael
used to run, I know he's retired and somebody else has taken over.

Two questions for locals, which days of the week is it there please and
if you go have you noticed any contact details on the boards, perhaps I
can buy stuff by mail.

TIA
PB

Andrew

Jun 25, 2021, 8:45:12 AM6/25/21
I think they are there every day (may be one day off a week). It is now
run by the stall that sells herbs / nuts / olives etc. At the end of the
second row, near to WH Smiths.

Mark Goodge

Jun 25, 2021, 10:46:28 AM6/25/21
In the grand tradition of not answering the question that was actually
asked, if you want to buy good quality tea and coffee online from a
reputable, independent, family-run business then Northern Tea is your
friend (and my online tea retailer of choice):

https://www.northern-tea.com/

Mark

Paul Bird

Jun 25, 2021, 11:18:45 AM6/25/21
Thank you I'll give them a try.

Alan

Jun 25, 2021, 11:25:37 AM6/25/21
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 16:18:44 +0100, Paul Bird <pa...@nospamcamtutor.co.uk>
My wife also swears by this bunch - https://www.birdandblendtea.com/

--
Alan

Mark Goodge

Jun 25, 2021, 11:35:00 AM6/25/21
On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 16:25:35 +0100, Alan
<eternal....@ourmailbox.org.uk> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 16:18:44 +0100, Paul Bird <pa...@nospamcamtutor.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>> On 25/06/2021 15:46, Mark Goodge wrote:

>>> In the grand tradition of not answering the question that was actually
>>> asked, if you want to buy good quality tea and coffee online from a
>>> reputable, independent, family-run business then Northern Tea is your
>>> friend (and my online tea retailer of choice):
>>> https://www.northern-tea.com/
>>
>> Thank you I'll give them a try.
>
>My wife also swears by this bunch - https://www.birdandblendtea.com/

I tried some of their tea from their Bristol shop when I happened to be
there last year. To be honest, it wasn't really much to write home
about. But then, a shop which uses the word "mixology" on their website,
and where you have to scroll quite a long way down the page to find
something that is actually just tea (as opposed to tea with various
fruit flavourings added) probably doesn't consider people like me to be
part of their target market.

Mark

Mark Carroll

Jun 25, 2021, 11:42:10 AM6/25/21
On 25 Jun 2021, Mark Goodge wrote:
(snip)
> But then, a shop which uses the word "mixology" on their website,
> and where you have to scroll quite a long way down the page to find
> something that is actually just tea (as opposed to tea with various
> fruit flavourings added) probably doesn't consider people like me to be
> part of their target market.

Haha, yes, it reminds me of my frustration when I am looking for
specific ingredients rather than labelling that is instead in terms of
what emotional effect the tea or tisane is meant to have on the
consumer. It's rather like buying cars if one's interested in technical
aspects rather than lifestyle aspirations.

-- Mark

Tim Ward

Jun 25, 2021, 12:03:43 PM6/25/21
On 25/06/2021 16:42, Mark Carroll wrote:

> It's rather like buying cars if one's interested in technical
> aspects rather than lifestyle aspirations.

What pisses me off is people who try to sell technical software by
lifestyle aspiration rather than technical aspects.

That doesn't work, guys, not on me at any rate.

--
Tim Ward - 07801 703 600
www.brettward.co.uk

Mark Carroll

Jun 25, 2021, 12:21:54 PM6/25/21
On 25 Jun 2021, Tim Ward wrote:
(snip)
> What pisses me off is people who try to sell technical software by
> lifestyle aspiration rather than technical aspects.
>
> That doesn't work, guys, not on me at any rate.

Haha, yes, I also want a bit more detail than, "our predicted RoI for
your organisation is rather more than we're wanting to charge you". Also
the glossy brochures full of happy models in business attire in shiny
offices don't do much for me either (BCS could learn something there
too).

-- Mark

Theo

Jun 25, 2021, 12:27:14 PM6/25/21
Tim Ward <t...@brettward.co.uk> wrote:
> What pisses me off is people who try to sell technical software by
> lifestyle aspiration rather than technical aspects.
>
> That doesn't work, guys, not on me at any rate.

I recently came across the website for a local notary who prominently
advertises 'luxury' as their selling point. I mean, it's a notary - it's
just signing paperwork FFS.

Theo

Patrick Gosling

Jun 27, 2021, 2:13:14 PM6/27/21
In article <wXB*3d...@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>,
Theo <theom...@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>I recently came across the website for a local notary who prominently
>advertises 'luxury' as their selling point. I mean, it's a notary - it's
>just signing paperwork FFS.

But what colour paperwork? And do you want it nasally inserted?

--
Patrick