已查看 45 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Jon Schneider

未读,
2022年7月25日 09:21:242022/7/25
收件人
At
https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/weather/daily-text.cgi?2022-07-24
it shows an inch of rainfall mostly mid-morning.

#Time Rain
# mm
09:30 8.99
10:00 12.09
10:30 14.03
11:00 15.37
11:30 16.02
12:00 17.71
12:30 21.72
13:00 24.20

Is there anything to this or just somebody hosing the sensor ?

Jon

Jacob Nevins

未读,
2022年7月25日 13:25:162022/7/25
收件人
Jon Schneider <j...@jschneider.tenreversed> writes:
>At
>https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/weather/daily-text.cgi?2022-07-24
>it shows an inch of rainfall mostly mid-morning.
[...]
>Is there anything to this or just somebody hosing the sensor ?

I'm sure it did not rain at all in that period (at least where I am).
Nor in the middle of the hottest day:
https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/weather/daily-graph.cgi?2022-7-19

The sun sensor has also been reporting prolonged bright sunlight in the
middle of the night lately, e.g.
https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/weather/daily-graph.cgi?2022-7-21
https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/weather/daily-graph.cgi?2022-7-23
https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/weather/daily-graph.cgi?2022-7-24
https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/weather/daily-graph.cgi?2022-7-25

I assume this are instances of the "known issue with the sunlight and
rain sensors sometimes over-reporting readings" that's been noted on the
front page for some time, and that these sensors are just not to be
trusted at the moment. (The other sensors' data all seem plausible.)

David Williams

未读,
2022年7月27日 05:22:402022/7/27
收件人
jac...@chiark.greenend.org.uk (Jacob Nevins) writes:

> Jon Schneider <j...@jschneider.tenreversed> writes:
>>At
>>https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/weather/daily-text.cgi?2022-07-24
>>it shows an inch of rainfall mostly mid-morning.
> [...]
>>Is there anything to this or just somebody hosing the sensor ?
>
> I'm sure it did not rain at all in that period (at least where I am).

... and here's an example where the sensor might have failed to
report rain.

It rained quite heavily last night, about 22:35-22:45, perhaps
longer. It extended from East Road where it required continuous
windscreen wiping to Milton (or further) where it had moderated
to require only intermittent wiping.

It could have been a shower that missed the DTG sensor site but, where
it fell, the ground is still noticeably damp this morning.

--
David
0 个新帖子