[uk.tech.digital-tv] Cambridge IAG – Pye’s Factories (or Factory Pye?)

David Williams

Dec 10, 2023, 1:42:55 PM12/10/23

What the OP said, ... and it's tomorrow, Mon 11th December.

An Association for Industrial Archaeology talk (7:30-8:30pm)
about Pye's expansion and its Cambridge factories, and the chance
to see the Pye exhibition before it closes this week. Mince pies!

Doors open 7pm, at Cheddars Lane entrance of Museum of Technology
Entrance on the door: £5/£3

More details from the URL in the OP's post.

[ hope this forwarding works sanely - can't remember doing it before ]

--
David

David Williams

Dec 10, 2023, 5:33:30 PM12/10/23
David Williams <davi...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> From: JMB99 <m...@nospam.net>
> Subject: Cambridge IAG – Pye’s Factories (or Factory Pye?)
> Newsgroups: uk.tech.digital-tv
> Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 16:37:34 +0000 (4 hours, 15 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
>
> Only just noticed this.
>
> Cambridge IAG - Pye's Factories (or Factory Pye?)
>
> https://industrial-archaeology.org/event/cambridge-iag-tbc-3/
"sanely" may depend on how you're reading my original forwarding.

For example, Google Groups drops my entire forwarded message,
which makes it a bit of an exercise for the reader. (Probably
something to do with mml tags?) Anybody reading with GG does have
a search engine close to hand of course, so everything is easily
fixed, yes?.

Then I tried searching "Cambridge IAG" and found a couple more
meanings for IAG. While the industrial archaeology group was a
result on the first page, International Audio Group was there and
led me to a different era of electronics: Wharfedale, Audiolab,
QUAD ... Amusing enough for a Sunday evening?

--
David