OT: chromebook question

Dr DR de Lacey

Nov 18, 2021, 8:11:38 AM11/18/21
I have a Google chromebook (EVE) on which I was hoping to run linux.
Installs perfectly but when I reboot I get a kernel panic because the BIOS
can't find chrome. So I'm running linux as a VM which is pretty
unsatisfactory. Is there any way of disabling the BIOS test or any other
way of getting it to run linux natively?

Many thanks,
Douglas de Lacey

Theo

Nov 18, 2021, 11:29:59 AM11/18/21
I've never touched ChromeOS, but do you need to put it in developer mode to
allow it to boot another OS?

Theo

Dr DR de Lacey

Nov 19, 2021, 3:40:57 AM11/19/21
Yes, I did that. It doesn't seem to do what the tin might imply:-(
Douglas