Any hoards US single dollar bills, please?

Michael Kilpatrick

Jan 10, 2024, 9:41:02 AMJan 10
If any of you have a handful of leftover US $1 bills from previous trips
abroad (don't need any $10s or $20s) that you want changed for a couple
of quid, someone will be in need of some in a few weeks for a trip to
Caracas.

Let me know, in case you are somewhere I can pass by at some point (e.g.
south villages or central Cambridge).

thanks,

Michael

Roland Perry

Jan 11, 2024, 2:06:46 AMJan 11
In message <unma9r$2h7sk$1...@dont-email.me>, at 14:41:02 on Wed, 10 Jan
2024, Michael Kilpatrick <ne...@mkilpatrick.co.uk> remarked:
I've got some mint-condition £1 notes, issued by their bank to one of my
visitors *from* the USA, years after they were no longer valid in the
UK.
--
Roland Perry

Paul N

Jan 11, 2024, 8:23:11 AMJan 11
At least at one stage, dollar bills were used by radio hams to pay for postage if they wanted someone to send then a card (QSL) confirming a contact. If you are in touch with any local Amateur Radio groups perhaps you could give them a try, there may be someone with a pile they want rid of. A quick check suggests that there are local clubs at g6uw.org (Uni) and cdarc.org.uk (town).