cavity wall insulation installer recommendations?

Peter Maydell

Feb 11, 2022, 9:22:34 AMFeb 11

My 1970s end-terrace house has no cavity wall insulation, so it seems
like it would be a good idea to get some fitted. Does anybody have
a recommendation for a competent Cambridge-area installer? I'm
not having much luck with my usual ask-friends-and-coworkers
approach, so thought I'd try here...

thanks
-- PMM

Alfred

Feb 16, 2022, 9:34:16 AMFeb 16
Just don't.

They did that this summer in the house at the side of mine and my
kitchen ended up being full of dust. It was a nutty idea of both the
housing association that owns the neighbouring home and the council.
I just hope the insulating material is not carcinogenic.

Those insulating walls have a lot of holes and you never know where
the filling material is going to overflow. Electrical installations is
a common thing that gets damaged.

http://www.askjeff.co.uk/cavity-wall-fill/

Another thing is that the wall will not breathe anymore and you might
end up with dampness problems.

The Natural Philosopher

Feb 16, 2022, 9:56:02 AMFeb 16
On 16/02/2022 14:34, Alfred wrote:
> Electrical installations is
Electrical installations *are*.....

--
It is the folly of too many to mistake the echo of a London coffee-house
for the voice of the kingdom.

Jonathan Swift