A14 news: J33 dedicated slip open

David Williams

Jul 7, 2021, 5:00:02 AM7/7/21
From A428Cat on Twitter at 08:50 today.

Good Morning, we're pleased to let you know that the A14
eastbound to A10 northbound dedicated slip lane at Milton J33
is now open to traffic following work carried out last night.

Contain your excitement. It was just one night of work, with the
A10 closed between J33 and Butt Lane. I don't expect to see more
than changes to signage and white lines, on that lane only.

In any case, for the next couple of weeks, traffic on the A10
northbound will meet traffic lights for gas mains work between
Milton and Waterbeach. At peak times, the queue has been starting
somewhere south of the Butt Lane junction. (I haven't seen the
southbound queue but I guess it behaves similarly.)

BTW, A428Cat has started calling J33 a "gyratory". What, why?

--
David