BBMF Lancaster returns to Coningsby

David Williams

Sep 13, 2021, 5:07:40 PM9/13/21
The Lancaster has completed its stay at Duxford for maintenance
and flew back to its Coningsby base on 11th September.

I believe its first public appearances will be displays, with
Spitfire and Hurricane companions, this weekend in the
Imperial War Museum's Battle of Britain airshow ...

... at Duxford. :-)

--
David

tony sayer

Sep 14, 2021, 8:29:28 AM9/14/21
In article <8d8fc398-9185-4673...@googlegroups.com>,
David Williams <davi...@yahoo.co.uk> scribeth thus
Lets hope the weather holds good job it isn't today;!...

--
Tony Sayer

David Williams

Sep 15, 2021, 6:13:56 AM9/15/21
On Tuesday, 14 September 2021 at 14:29:28 UTC+2, tony sayer wrote:
> In article <8d8fc398-9185-4673...@googlegroups.com>,
> David Williams <davi...@yahoo.co.uk> scribeth thus
> >The Lancaster has completed its stay at Duxford for maintenance
> >and flew back to its Coningsby base on 11th September.
> >
> >I believe its first public appearances will be displays, with
> >Spitfire and Hurricane companions, this weekend in the
> >Imperial War Museum's Battle of Britain airshow ...
> >
> >... at Duxford. :-)
> >
> Lets hope the weather holds good job it isn't today;!...

The weather is great here, but I am on a train in Austria. :-)

And on my way home. :-(

(Forgive me the sin of posting from Google Groups.)

--
David

David Williams

Sep 15, 2021, 6:11:16 PM9/15/21
... and the sin of replying to my own post!

Home again, and I see what the problem with the weather
was. Cambridge (main) rail station looks a lot less soggy tonight
than the news pictures earlier this week.

--
David

tony sayer

Sep 16, 2021, 5:26:59 AM9/16/21
In article <87wnnhl...@yahoo.co.uk>, David Williams
<davi...@yahoo.co.uk> scribeth thus
>David Williams <davi...@yahoo.co.uk> writes:
>
>> On Tuesday, 14 September 2021 at 14:29:28 UTC+2, tony sayer wrote:
>>> In article <8d8fc398-9185-4673...@googlegroups.com>,
>>> David Williams <davi...@yahoo.co.uk> scribeth thus

>>> Lets hope the weather holds good job it isn't today;!...
>>
>> The weather is great here, but I am on a train in Austria. :-)
>>
>> And on my way home. :-(
>>
>> (Forgive me the sin of posting from Google Groups.)
>
>... and the sin of replying to my own post!
>
>Home again, and I see what the problem with the weather
>was. Cambridge (main) rail station looks a lot less soggy tonight
>than the news pictures earlier this week.

At the time of writing that comment it was like a torrential monsoon
rain here!...

Paul Bird

Sep 16, 2021, 6:11:41 AM9/16/21
Try Conakry if you ever get the chance. Talk about rain like stair rods

David Williams

Sep 25, 2021, 6:08:31 AM9/25/21
I believed wrongly. Various isues with serviceability ...

But it's in the air today, at points north. Do I need to mention
@RAFBBMF on Twitter?

Next chance at Duxford is October 9th.

--
David