Postcode sector maps

Alfred

Feb 16, 2022, 10:24:21 AM2/16/22
Does anybody know a source of postcode sectors maps? The only one I
can find seems to be streetlist.co.uk and the mapping area they show
is quite small.

https://www.streetlist.co.uk/cb/cb6/cb6-3

Note that postcode sectors are a subdivison of postcode districts.

I mean something like this, but in electronic format, and without paywall.

https://ukwallmaps.co.uk/postcode-city-sector-map-cambridge/

Theo

Feb 16, 2022, 4:16:14 PM2/16/22
Alfred <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Does anybody know a source of postcode sectors maps? The only one I
> can find seems to be streetlist.co.uk and the mapping area they show
> is quite small.
>
> https://www.streetlist.co.uk/cb/cb6/cb6-3

That seems to be generated from Openstreetmap data via a library called
Leaflet. If I search for that there are a variety of other postcode maps
available:
https://www.freemaptools.com/uk-postcode-map.htm
https://www.aj2duncan.com/blog/postcode-polygons-on-a-leaflet-map/
It might be possible to make similar to streetlist with a bit of tweaking.

Another option is to load up the streetlist page, right click over the map
(I'm in Firefox), go 'Inspect', and look for

170, 170); position: relative; outline: currentcolor none medium;"
class="leaflet-container leaflet-touch leaflet-retina leaflet-fade-anim
leaflet-grab leaflet-touch-drag leaflet-touch-zoom" tabindex="0">

If you edit that (double click that HTML line) to something like
width: 2000px; height: 1000px
you get a bigger map. Of course, it's just for you and won't persist over a
reload.

Theo

Mark Goodge

Feb 16, 2022, 4:36:24 PM2/16/22
On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 09:24:15 -0600, Alfred <inv...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:
Something like this?

https://www.doogal.co.uk/UKPostcodes.php?Search=CB6%203

https://www.doogal.co.uk/UKPostcodes.php?Search=CB6

https://www.doogal.co.uk/UKPostcodes.php?Search=CB

In all cases, you need to click "show map" to show the map, but having
done so you can then make it full screen.

Mark

Agnes Niki

Feb 23, 2022, 5:52:21 AM2/23/22