Router/Web Page Access Problem

jks

Nov 27, 2021, 6:38:45 AM11/27/21
Can anyone help?

I have a smart hub 2 router - ISP = Plusnet

I can't access my bt emails or the Btphonebook page. I get the message " too long to respond". I can access all other pages that I've tried. I can access my emails with a mobile phone. I've tried the router factory reset. I've tried different computers and browsers.

I've been abandoned by BT and Plusnet.

Theo

Nov 27, 2021, 6:48:04 AM11/27/21
Plusnet had an email problem earlier in the month, and some reports are that
it's still suffering, although working to some degree:
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/11/major-email-outage-hits-plusnets-uk-broadband-isp-customers.html
https://www.theregister.com/2021/11/12/plusnet_email/

Have you talked to Plusnet, since the problem would seem to be related to
their network? (they=BT)

Theo

Tim Ward

Nov 27, 2021, 6:49:12 AM11/27/21
On 27/11/2021 11:38, jks wrote:
> Can anyone help?

What info have you got? A WireShark trace (or equivalent) might be a
starting point.

--
Tim Ward - 07801 703 600
www.brettward.co.uk

The Natural Philosopher

Nov 27, 2021, 8:36:50 AM11/27/21
On 27/11/2021 11:38, jks wrote:
> Can anyone help?
>
> I have a smart hub 2 router - ISP = Plusnet
>
> I can't access my bt emails or the Btphonebook page. I get the
> message " too long to respond". I can access all other pages that
> I've tried.

Then the problem logically is with BT

> I can access my emails with a mobile phone.

Then the problem is with Plusnet

> I've
> tried the router factory reset. I've tried different computers and
> browsers.
>
> I've been abandoned by BT and Plusnet.

You always were.

Make a cup of coffee, and wait for it to get better 'all by itself'

--
"If you don’t read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain

Rupert Moss-Eccardt

Nov 27, 2021, 8:43:01 AM11/27/21
Assuming a Windows box:

Fire up a command (cmd or powershell) window
Run nslookup
Type in the hostname that you are trying to get to and see if you get
an answer
then type
"server 8.8.8.8"
and do the hostname query again.

That will tell you if DNS is the problem.

jks

Nov 29, 2021, 1:33:04 PM11/29/21
I managed to get through to plusnet technical help proper as opposed to the women answering the phone. They didn't admit it was their problem but knew the solution.

Go into the router set up. Click disconnect. Delete the password. Type it in again. Click connect.