Lecture and Observing are ON for tonight @ 8PM

Cameron Hummels

Jul 8, 2016, 1:42:55 PM7/8/16
to caltech-astronom...@googlegroups.com
The weather forecast for tonight is set to remain clear until 11PM, so we will be stargazing tonight. We have lots of planetary targets tonight with planned observations of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and the Moon. Please join us for the lecture and stay around for the stargazing afterwards!

8:00-8:30PM - Lecture: "Simulating the Universe on a Supercomputer"
8:30-10:00PM - Telescope observing: Moon, Jupiter, Saturn, Mars, M13, etc.
8:30-10:00PM - General Astronomy Q&A for our Expert Panel

We've now assembled our lecture series for the rest of the year, and you can
view the schedule here: http://outreach.astro.caltech.edu/lectures . In addition, we're kicking off a series of events called "Astronomy on Tap" with informal talks at a local bar. Our next event is in two weeks. See http://outreach.astro.caltech.edu/aot for more information.

See you tonight!

Cameron

--
Cameron Hummels