Anyone interesetd in a Fleche team assembly for April 2022?

Ray Holzworth

Mar 2, 2022, 2:08:16 AM3/2/22
to California Randonneurs
Hi All,

Sorry for spamming the entire list, but I'm hoping to join or start a fleche team for this April's ride ending in SF.

I currently have a team of 2 so we need one more for the legal minimum (assuming we all finish without incidents).

The two of us are also open to joining anyone with openings on their team.

Please let me know so we can start figuring out logistics.

I've done 2 of these in the past ranging from 365 to 443kms in the events.  I'd much prefer to ride a closer to minimum distance route.  Or if enough people want to join in, creating a route more on the minimum side.

Given my lack of training during the pandemic, I'm targeting an average pace of between 12-14mph when factoring in hills and wind.  Just as a fyi for grouping purposes.  Also, I'm riding the Santa Cruz 400km the weekend before the fleche.

I've found fleche riding to be very different than brevet riding if you go by the spirit of the French rules.

Please let me know if your team has any availability or if you want to start a new team.

Thanks,
Ray Holzworth