Too many dependencies?

Kevin Burton

Jul 26, 2013, 1:26:52 PM7/26/13
to cal...@googlegroups.com
Just some constructive feedback.

Calliper requires me to pull in 10 (which I think is the minimum) new jars into my project.

It was only 10 before.

Granted I put these into lib/build so it's clear that these are only required for the build process and not part of the main project.

But it's onerous, especially when not no maven, to require lots of external .jars.

Even with maven, having a large number of dependencies just makes development harder and more difficult to grok the project as now there are a lot of moving parts.

Just my $0.02

Onward!

Gregory Kick

Jul 29, 2013, 1:31:15 PM7/29/13
to cal...@googlegroups.com
That is exactly why we have the "-all" artifact as well.  It bundles the dependencies for you.  HTH.

guava-...@googlegroups.com
Project site: http://caliper.googlecode.com
This group: http://groups.google.com/group/caliper

This list is for general discussion.
To report an issue: http://code.google.com/p/caliper/issues/entry
To get help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/ask (use the tag "caliper")

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "caliper" group.

Greg Kick
Java Core Libraries Team

Kevin Burton

Jul 29, 2013, 1:42:53 PM7/29/13
to cal...@googlegroups.com
ok... Thats great but I didn't see that in my maven build.  I"ll track it down!

Thanks!