Re: Caliper issue

Kevin Bourrillion

Sep 26, 2013, 9:30:16 AM9/26/13
to hu_jinquan, cal...@googlegroups.com
That's a good question; I'm not sure what we're doing to ensure the worker-side remains compatible with older Javas than 1.7.

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 1:04 AM, hu_jinquan <hu_ji...@pactera.com> wrote:

Hello Kevin

I have a question about caliper, Could I use caliper in JDK 1.5 platform.

Thanks,

https://code.google.com/p/caliper

Best wishes,

Luis Hu

--
Kevin Bourrillion | Java Librarian | Google, Inc. | kev...@google.com

Gregory Kick

Sep 27, 2013, 3:30:33 PM9/27/13
to cal...@googlegroups.com, hu_jinquan
There are 2 considerations: the source version and they bytecode version.  At the moment, both are set for Java 1.6.  The first thing to do would be to try to recompile the worker and the instrument with -source 1.5 and -target 1.5.  That would get the bytecode set to a version that could be run under 1.5, but I have no idea how many libraries we're using from 1.6.

HTH.

guava-...@googlegroups.com
Project site: http://caliper.googlecode.com
This group: http://groups.google.com/group/caliper

This list is for general discussion.
To report an issue: http://code.google.com/p/caliper/issues/entry
To get help: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/ask (use the tag "caliper")

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "caliper" group.

Greg Kick
Java Core Libraries Team