CaLIGHTs v3.1.3.00 Released

wols...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2021, 9:13:40 PM3/1/21
to CaLIGHTs
Revisions are:

-Fixed a file storage leak where temporary files being created by CaLIGHTs were being left on your hard disk. CaLIGHTs now searches for and deletes these temporary files when it starts-up and when it exits. It also deletes the temporary files when they are no longer needed. This ensures that no further temporary files will be left on your hard drive. This also ensures that any temporary files that had been piling up will be removed. I suspect that I was affected by this bug the most. I run the program hundreds of times to test new features and I couldn’t understand why my hard disk was running out of disk space. The temporary files that CaLIGHTs creates have very unique file names so there is no risk of this fix deleting the wrong files.
-The Show Dust Motes button has been replaced with the Image Viewer button. You will find that the Image Viewer or Calibrate Preview will call up the same window. This allows CaLIGHTs to display many more images in full colour. You can still view your dust motes in your FLAT frames. You can now view all of your RAW, Calibrated or stacked images in full colour with lots of adjustments and details. Camera
RAW(DSLR), FITS and TIFF formats are supported. Check out the help file for additional information…there is a lot of changes here.
-I also removed the horizontal and vertical sliders on the window that pops-up when editing the settings for FLATCOMP, Noise Filter and Bad Pixel Filter and also the calibrate preview window. The mouse wheel now allows zooming of the image. Right click allows you to pan the image.
-The Multiplier now has a “custom” setting where you can enter any none-zero value. Example: if you find that with a Multiplier of 4 you are seeing too many values being clipped @ 65535 you can choose a custom multiplier of your choosing (e.g. 3.75 or 3.60 etc.).
-Cleaned up some of the topics in the help file to keep it current.

Peter