CaLIGHTs v3.1.0.92 Released

Skip to the first unread message

wols...@gmail.com

17 Dec 2020, 21:35:4617/12/2020
to CaLIGHTs

Latest Revision 3.1.0.92

-CaLIGHTs now uses an updated version of LibRAW.  It is not the current version but it works well and I plan to update to the current version soon.  There are some changes in LibRAW that impact on DSLR cameras that write images with odd valued widths.  There are not that many cameras that do this.  For those cameras, users will need to regenerate their master BIAS, DARKS, FLATs and DARKFLATs.  The folks who support Deep Sky Stacker have already gone thru this painful process when they released version 4.2.5 of DSS.  They seem to be doing well with this new version so now it is my time to migrate CaLIGHTs. I have not heard of any problems with cameras that write even valued width images.  I will always need to update to the latest version of LibRAW, to ensure CaLIGHTs supports the latest model cameras.

-CaLIGHTs now supports custom values for Black ADU.  This is accessed via the Preferences button.  Custom values for Black ADU is an advanced feature which should be avoided until users gain experience using CaLIGHTs.

Revision 3.1.0.91

-Fixed a bug in the standard deviation logic which would malfunction if the image width was an odd value.  This is relatively rare as most cameras create images with even valued widths. For those users who have DSLRs that write odd valued width images they will need to regenerate the masters.