TRAINING OPPORTUNITY: "Within Our Reach-8 Hours" curriculum TTF is one month out

Patty Howell

Mar 27, 2013, 8:28:37 PM3/27/13
to California Healthy Marriages Coalition

http://www.relationshipsca.org/files/FLYER_for_WOR-8_TTF_Oakland_2013-04-2728BLBCfinal.pdf

Dear California Relationship and Marriage Education supporters,

This year's next Within Our Reach 8 Hours (WOR8) Train-the-Facilitator Workshop will be held in Oakland at the Comfort Inn Suites (8452 Edes Ave., Oakland 94621) on Apr. 27-28 (Sat. and Sun.), 8:30 am to 5 pm both days. Registrations are due Friday, April 12. Bill Coffin (formerly Special Assistant for Marriage Education at Health and Human Services/ACF) will be the Trainer for this workshop. If you have people who would like to be trained as WOR8 Instructors to help in your RME work, please encourage them to attend this TTF.

Within Our Reach 8 Hours comes from PREP, Inc., one of the leaders in Marriage Education. It is designed for couples (married or dating) to attend together. This program helps couples create happier, more stable marriages, to improve quality of life not only for themselves but also for their children. Within Our Reach 8 Hours strives to help couples achieve their goals in marriage, family, and relationships. The program builds upon couple’s existing strengths, while adding important relationship skills to create a stable and safe family environment.  These skills include:
  • Respectful talking and listening
  • Sharing fun together
  • Nurturing and supporting your partner
  • Managing stress
  • Recognizing and communicating issues and expectations
  • Planning for the future
  • Acknowledging satisfaction through commitment
  • And more!
Within Our Reach 8 Hours moves away from the traditional lecture format. Instead, it is highly engaging and interactive, inviting couples to apply the lessons they learn to their lives and relationships. For a preview of the leader's guide, click here: https://www.prepinc.com/FlipPreview.aspx?book=OPR2-8preview

In order to attend the TTF workshop, participants must do these four things:  1) Complete the Facilitator Candidate Registration; 2) Sign the Letter of Agreement between Trainee Applicant and Healthy Relationships California; 3) Schedule dates for the first WOR8 class they plan to teach; 4)  Pay the $100 Registration Fee (this is refundable after teaching 6 couples).

Act fast on this as registrations are due by April 12.  To receive a copy of the registration form and letter of agreement, email Shelece McAllister at she...@relationshipsca.org. For more information on this TTF, click here.

P.

--
Patty Howell, Ed.M., A.G.C.
President