Labor Day Weekend is Here

Ken Friedman

Sep 1, 2012, 12:47:09 PM9/1/12
to Battles for Guadalcanal Reader's List, WWII discussion (ibiblio), WWII Amateurs List, Warplan list, World War II forum (Yahoo), california-mi...@googlegroups.com

Most schools are open and the kids have, at last, returned to school. Why not spend some of that leisure time reading a critically-acclaimed book about World War II?

The sales of autographed copies of my book, Morning of the Rising Sun: The Heroic Story of the Battles for Guadalcanal, continues this month. For those who did not read my prior email, this sale, which began on August 1, 2012, commemorates the 70th anniversary of the August 7, 1942 invasion of Guadalcanal. It continues through February 9, 2013, which is the 70th anniversary of the United States taking full control of the island. The sale price still is $24.07

You can order your autographed copy from my web site here or from Amazon.com here.

Other news:
  • Barnes & Noble has reduced their price of my book from $36.99 to $28.69. For more information, click here.
  • Printed versions of my book are available from several retail outlets. Or you can either buy or borrow a Kindle version from Amazon.com. For more information, click here.
  • Click here for the latest price list for all the different ways you can purchase my book. Or you can get your own copy of the price list here.
  • Reviews of my book are available for reading and downloading here. Or you can read them on my web site here.
  • For those who live in one of the Eurozone countries, Amazon.com will accept your order in your local currency. Click here for more information.

I sincerely appreciate and thank those who already have purchased copies of my book and/or visited my web site last month.

==================================
Kenneth I. Friedman, Ph.D.
Author
www.battlesforguadalcanal.com
www.battle-of-leyte-gulf.com
Blog: battlesforguadalcanal.blogspot.com

Stuart Fuller

Sep 1, 2012, 4:18:03 PM9/1/12
to california-mi...@googlegroups.com
thanks Ken, I all ready have the book. My Uncle Brigadier General Regan Fuller (USMC-Deceased) was a rifle company commnder in Chesty Pullers battalion and served wtih distinction on Guadalcanal. My Uncle told me once of a phone call he put into Puller, requesting more ammunition, and Puller's reply was you have "bayonets" don't you.

thanks for the notice

Stuart J. Fuller III
CSM, USA, Retired
"Fomer Soldier"